Goals of the Foundation
Integrating Breast Reconstruction with Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment• Cancer diagnosis with imaging stray cancer cells
• Cancer treatment with lower doses of chemotherapy
• “Magic bullet” drug targeting only cancer cells
• Reduction or elimination of inflammation and infection
• Less or no side effects (hair loss, nausea)
• Pain management during reconstruction
The Foundation’s Target for 2014-2018
• To raise $2 million to get a drug eluting tissue expander for breast reconstruction into clinical trial
Just $10 from each citizen of Akron will make this dream come true!
2295 West Market Street, Suite D
Akron, OH 44313
Make checks payable to:
Breast Cancer Innovation Foundation
$10,000 and above Partner
More about the GE Healthymagination Challenge
• The Healthymagination Breast Cancer Challenge was launched by GE in September 2011 to identify and accelerate ideas to advance breast cancer early detection and diagnostics to help save lives. More than 500 proposals from 40 countries were submitted in response to the “GE Healthymagination Cancer Challenge”;
• Professor Judit E. Puskas from The University of Akron was among five winners
– the others were major cancer research centers (Vanderbilt University, the Moffit Cancer Center, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer center and the Uganda Cancer Institute.
Why we do it:
The Carole & Robin Reid Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, was started in 2012 in Akron.
The Foundation aimed to raise funds for the Akron Breast Team, working on the integration of breast reconstruction with cancer diagnosis and treatment.
The Foundation changed its name to “Breast Cancer Innovation Foundation” and selected Pink Gardenia as our logo